The purpose of Okanagan Bible College and the Canadian Graduate School of Ministry is to prepare men and women for faithful ministry in Church and society. Committed to a learned ministry for church and society, the schools welcome qualified students without regard to denomination, race, sex, or physical disabilities. The schools seeks to strengthen and deepen the spiritual life of students, and through classroom and other academic activities, to engage them in critical discussions about the Bible and theology with probing questions regarding faith and life in today's world. We believe in the conviction that God has acted redemptively in human history. Since its founding, the school has attracted students from across Canada and beyond. Our Alumni serve the Lord with gladness in churches, missions and as lay leaders.
Okanagan Bible College
Okanagan Bible College was founded in 1974 by three men and a vision from the Lord. Dr. R. Wesley Affleck, Dr. John R Dyck and Dr. Lawrence Wilkes started the school in what was the Faith Gospel Church in Kelowna, BC. Later the School under the President Dr. Lawrence Wilkes, moved to Green Bay Baptist Camp, then in 1985 to the former Dr. Knox High School in Kelowna. Dr. Wilkes resigned and left OBC in 1986 to move to California. The school returned to Green Bay Bible Camp around 1990 remaining there until its closure in 1995.
In 2008 Dr. Lawrence Wilkes, residing in Anaheim, California began to investigate the status of the school and was able to reactive the degree granting charter granted to the school in 1983. The Okanagan Bible College Act gave authority to the school to grant all theological and honourary theological degrees. Under the new Board of Governors the school is slowly moving ahead with plans to provide classes in local churches taught by qualified professors, partnering with Church Training Centers across Canada and internationally.
Canadian Graduate School of Ministry
In 2008, Okanagan Bible College added the name Canadian Graduate School of Ministry as its graduate division in keeping with the level of its training for Christian workers by way of a partnership program with Crest Leadership Centres.
The graduates of Okanagan Bible College and Canadian Graduate School of Ministry are filling important places of ministry as professors, pastors, missionaries, administrators, and directors of Christian Education and Youth Departments. All graduates of the school are members of the Alumni Association.
Statement of Faith
- We believe in the complete divine inspiration of the Holy Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments, extending to the very words employed by the sacred writers; in consequence of which these writings are of supreme and final authority in all matters relating to faith and conduct.
- We believe in the doctrine of the Holy Trinity: one eternal God revealed in three co-eternal and co-equal Persons as the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the perfect deity and humanity of our Lord Jesus Christ, His virgin birth, His miracles, and His bodily resurrection and ascension.
- We believe in the fact of the temptation and fall of man with consequent corruption of human nature and liability to eternal punishment.
- We believe in the sacrificial death of Jesus Christ for sinners, whereby eternal redemption is provided through His shed blood.
- We believe in the coming again of Jesus Christ for His redeemed people, to be followed by His universal reign as King of kings and Lord of lords.
- We believe in the resurrection of the body, the eternal blessedness of the saved and the eternal punishment of the lost.
- We believe in the personal ministry of the Holy Spirit, Who indwells the believer and empowers for Christian life and service.
- We believe in the personality of Satan, the prince of evil beings, whose final doom is the lake of fire.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of all believers in our Lord Jesus Christ